level 2 or above ECB coach
Dan Housego Cricket Coaching (DHCC) is dedicated to providing Professional Cricket Coaching by Professional Cricketers.
DHCC are looking for reliable, hard working coaches that are comfortable working with groups and individuals, ranging from juniors through to adults.
They must have their level 2 or above ECB coaching qualification.
The work will take place predominantly in the Oxford area, in the evenings and at weekends.
Please send us your CV and coaching history to the following e-mail address.
Cricket Coach – Ardingly College
Ardingly College is seeking to appoint a Cricket Coach to support their busy Sports department from January 2017. The role will involve coaching Cricket and promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils.
Candidates should have a high level of experience in playing Cricket and in coaching at district or county age group level. Candidates should be self-motivated, have the ability to work well in a busy team environment and be able to communicate effectively with pupils and staff.
Candidates must have a Level 2 qualification in coaching, although Level 3 would be preferable. Batting coach experience is also desirable but not essential.
Winter Hours (November to April): Total 9 hours minimum
Prep School – Wednesday 4.30pm to 8.00pm
Senior School – Friday 6.00pm to 8.30pm, and Sunday 2pm to 5pm.
Summer Hours (April to July): Total 24 hours minimum
Prep School – Monday and Friday 1.10pm to 4.10pm, and Wednesday 1.00pm to 5.00pm.
Senior School – Tuesday and Thursday 11.10am to 1.10pm and 2.15pm to 4.15pm, and
Saturday 6 hours minimum.
This role is initially for a fixed term period until the end of the academic year with a view to being made permanent. For the full job description and to apply online, please visit www.ardingly.com/vacancies.
A completed application should be submitted by the closing date of Wednesday 9th November 2016. Should you need further information regarding this vacancy please contact HR on 01444 893059 or email email@example.com.
Ardingly College is an independent co-educational boarding and day school for boys and girls aged 2½ -18, a member of the HMC and a school of the Woodard Corporation.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All employees are required to undertake child protection screening appropriate to the post including enhanced DBS checks.
Personal Development Manager - Located in the South East
Salary £32-36k depending on experience (plus benefits)
The PCA (Professional Cricketers’ Association) are looking to recruit a new PDM with responsibility for delivering the Personal Development and Welfare Programme within the South to County professional cricketers, academies and past players (Kent CCC, Middlesex CCC and Essex CCC).
The Personal Development and Welfare programme aims to equip aspiring and current professional cricketers with the skills needed to deal with the special demands of competing at the highest level whilst also preparing them for life after their sporting career.
- PDM’s provide one to one coaching and mentoring on all aspects of the cricketer’s career, education and lifestyle management, supporting them whether training, playing in the UK or traveling overseas.
- Facilitation of Personal Development workshops to County Professional cricketers, Academies and Past Players.
- To promote the value and philosophy of the PCA Personal Development and Welfare Programme
- Responsible to the PCA National Personal Development Manager
- A proven understanding of the specific needs of elite and youth cricketers, in particular the difficulties of combining sport with career and education.
- A strong desire to excel at the tasks in hand and with high levels of professionalism
- An appreciation of an integrated approach to player development.
- Experience in career and education guidance.
- Strong communication skills including a proven ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Self motivated and strong time management skills.
- A relevant degree or equivalent is desirable and a commitment to attain further qualifications suitable to the position
- Prepared to work flexible hours and travel throughout a designated region and the UK.
- Clean driving license
For more information please see the ‘Full Job Description’ and visit www.thepca.co.uk
Closing Date for applications Monday the 21st of November 2016
Interviews scheduled for the 2nd week of December 2016
Please send completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Groundsman –La Manga Club, Spain
Reports to: Director of Sports
Salary: €30,000 – 35,000 dependent on experience and qualifications (on a self-employed basis and reviewed after a trial period)
Benefits: The position holder will be provided with accommodation as part of the package
Contract Duration: 2 years
Based at: La Manga Club, Murcia, Spain
Contract Context: La Manga Club’s new European Cricket Performance Centre and existing eight high performance football pitches require a new head groundsman to manage and oversee the new grass and artificial turf cricket facilities and football pitches, all hosting regular international and domestic matches on international standard pitches.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Planning of the day to day work programme including the planning of off peak work.
- Prepare and maintain the two cricket squares and outfields for club, representative and international cricket.
- Allocation, operation, maintenance and security of plant, tools and equipment ensuring that the right resources are available.
- Supervision, motivation, work load planning of 3 to 4 groundstaff, the number will vary with surface use.
- Ordering and purchasing all stores and materials, including expendable items and poisons.
- Management and delivery of set budget.
- Control and safe use of all potentially dangerous substances and equipment; ensuring that staff and volunteers are instructed in their safe use and use of relevant safety equipment.
- Supervision as required of work undertaken by contractors to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the Health and Safety Act.
- Preparation of appropriate reports and correspondence, and attendance at meetings as necessary.
- Development of all ground staff, enabling them to meet the standards of work required by LMC.
- To provide a helpful and professional service to users of the facilities including players, managers and coaches.
- Produce cricket “pitch” plan in-line with fixture lists in advance of each 6-month period.
- Produce cricket 'pitches' to international standards.
There are no set hours of work, work load is controlled by the standard and usage of the surfaces.
Prepare and maintain the playing surfaces (Football and Cricket) to the ECFPC to international standard.
Prepare and maintain to international standard all practice and net areas at the ECFPC.
Operate and maintain ground equipment in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures.
If this opportunity interests you, please email a CV and a covering letter addressed to the project Sports Surface Consultant:
Alan Lewis MSc NDT F inst G, Alan Lewis Limited , 1A Crowmeole Lan, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY3 8AX
Email: email@example.com Mobile: +44 (0)7484 074904
Closing date for applications is 31st October 2016
Should you be successful in making the short-list following the application process, please note that interviews will take place during November 2016
Senior Team – Coach
Birmingham League club Stratford are looking for a coach for their senior sides.
This is an ideal opportunity for a player/coach, possibly a former first-class or Minor Counties player, who is looking to pick up a few hours coaching each week.
Interested candidates should contact Ed Cunynghame at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn what it's like to work in recruitment?
If you are interested in finding out what it would be like to work in recruitment and whether it might be a career option after you finish playing a ‘Taster Day’ has been organised in London with Adecco on Monday 28 November.
Details of the day are :
Day – Monday 28 November
Time – 3pm – 7pm
Venue – Adecco Office, Millennium Bridge House, 2 Lambeth Hill, London, EC4V 4BG
Transport – There is no parking you will need to come by tube to Mansion House Underground
What to wear – Trousers and a dress shirt
3pm – 3-30pm – Guest Registration and welcome
3-30 – 5-00 – Overview of working in recruitment, CV Discussion, Question and Answers session
5-00 – 7-00 – Networking function with recruiters and other sports
The day is free and you can come along and get an idea of what this type of role involves in terms of :
- What the job involves
- Daily routine
Please let me know by Monday 21 November if you wish to be involved.