PCA PRESS RELEASE
Support the Professional Cricketers' Trust and the Tom Maynard Trust by taking on the Three Peaks Challenge.
To see more articles.
Challenge yourself to complete the famous Three Peaks Challenge in 2019 to raise valuable funds for the Professional Cricketers’ Trust and Tom Maynard Trust.
Brace yourself for a physically challenging adventure, as you take on the three highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales. Considered one of Britain’s toughest outdoor challenges, the National 3 Peaks Challenge takes in the dizzy heights of Ben Nevis (1,344m), Scafell Pike (978m) and Snowdon (1,085m).
Over the course of three days, you will embark on a 26-mile trek and ascend to a total height of almost 3,000m. A difficult challenge, the Three Peaks requires a good level of fitness, as well as plenty of grit and determination.
As we aim to complete the Three Peaks over the course of three days will have plenty of time to meet the other walkers, hear their reasons for taking part and build some real team camaraderie over the course of the challenge.
Throughout the challenge you will be supporting both the Professional Cricketers’ Trust and The Tom Maynard Trust.
The Professional Cricketers’ Trust, previously the PCA Benevolent Fund, was designed to support the lifelong health and wellbeing of all PCA members and their immediate families.
The leading cricketing charity provides support both reactively and proactively with a passion to help educate PCA members on all issues to refute problems in the future.
The Tom Maynard Trust was created in 2012 was introduced to aid the development of aspiring sports people who require support in their career development.
- Day 1 – Thursday 10 October: Meet at designated pick up points and transfer to Fort William. Check in to your accommodation, evening briefing, route planning and equipment check with your guide. Time to unwind.
- Day 2 – Friday 11 October: Early breakfast then depart for Ben Nevis. Walk to the summit of Ben Nevis. Afternoon transfer to Gretna for the night.
- Day 3 – Saturday 12 October: Transfer to the Lake District and ascent of Scafell Pike. Transfer to Oswestry for the night.
- Day 4 – Sunday 13 October: Transfer to Snowdon and morning ascent. Drop offs at designated points.
Please note: This itinerary is a guide only. It can be subject to change dependent upon viability, fitness and weather conditions.
We will be here to make sure you get all the support you need for your incredible challenge, including:
- Professional event organisation
- Qualified mountain leaders and first aiders
- Briefing, route planning and equipment check
- Transport from Glasgow to Fort William
- Transport between the three peaks
- Transport from Snowdonia with designated drop-off points along the way
- Three nights twin room accommodation with breakfast
- All other meals
- Charity quiz
You will receive charity branded kit, access to our training schedule, the complete support of our experienced events team and a fundraising pack with everything you will need to raise money.
Each individual is responsible for their own transport to and from the starting and finishing points.
Deposit to secure your place: £250.00
Fundraising Target: £750.00
This fundraising event is open to everyone so please tell family and friends and spread the word.
Limited spaces available.
For full details please email Sam Relf on email@example.com