PCA PRESS RELEASE
The PCA has released the following statement with regards to the ongoing situation at Yorkshire CCC.
To see more articles,
Following recent developments relating to Yorkshire CCC, the PCA wishes to reiterate that there is no place for racism or discrimination in cricket. Specifically, racist language by any member is wholly unacceptable, and there can be no mitigating circumstances.
The PCA will continue to work closely with the ECB until these matters are fully resolved and the Association is supportive of the regulatory and disciplinary process announced by the ECB on Thursday.
In addition, we continue to press Yorkshire CCC to release the full details of its report.
It is the declared policy of the PCA to offer guidance and support to every member affected by this situation.
In this particular instance, this means:
- Ensure the welfare of the individuals involved is protected
- Work with the ECB to ensure their investigation process is rigorous, fair and appropriate
- Develop our ongoing education in the area of EDI to provide the highest standards of equality, diversity and inclusion at every level of the professional game
The PCA is also asking any member who has been a victim of, or witnessed any, discriminatory abuse to report it, using the most appropriate mechanism for you:
- Call 0800 3890031
- Visit cricketintegrityline.co.uk
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak to your PCA Personal Development Manager
We are encouraging any member affected by this issue to call the PCA’s Confidential Helpline on 07780 008877.