PCA PRESS RELEASE
England and Surrey duo host virtual trivia night in aid of NHS and Professional Cricketers’ Trust.
To see more articles,
The ‘Cricketers’ Quiz’ continues on Wednesday 13 May with Rory Burns and Ollie Pope the guest hosts on Facebook Live, in aid of the NHS and Professional Cricketers’ Trust.
The Surrey batsmen will present the sixth edition of the quiz, following on Chris Woakes and Olly Stone who held a successful evening on Wednesday 29 April. The quiz is open to anyone and everyone on Facebook Live at 8pm on Wednesday! Simply ‘like’ the PCA Facebook page, tell your friends and family and put a reminder in your calendar.
Although the quiz is free to play, you are able to make a donation for the joint appeal. All funds will be split equally between the Trust and the NHS Charities Together Campaign for the Urgent COVID-19 Appeal.
Whilst daily life has changed immeasurably for most of us over the past few weeks, the role of the players’ charity has become even more important when it comes to supporting our community.
The Trust was created with the purpose of supporting PCA members and their immediate families when they need it most. Assistance can range from emotional counselling right through to funding for essential medical equipment.
Funds will also go towards supporting NHS staff, volunteers and patients in ways above and beyond what NHS funding can ordinarily provide, including wellbeing packs, rest and recuperation rooms, electronic tablets for isolated patients to communicate to loved ones. The funds will also resource vital care partnerships and longer term mental health recovery of staff and families.
If you would like to make a donation to the two causes, please click on the button above or text ‘TRUSTNHS’ followed by a space and then the amount you are happy to donate to 70085. This can be anything between £1 – £20, e.g. ‘TRUSTNHS 5’ to donate £5.
Rounds will include current affairs, sport and more, and our guest hosts will be sure to provide some light relief during what is a challenging time for us all.
Make sure you spread the word and we look forward to you joining us on Wednesday!
How to take part:
- The Cricketers’ Quiz will begin at 8pm on Wednesday 13 May
- Will be hosted on the Live on the PCA Facebook page with guest hosts Rory Burns and Ollie Pope
- It will follow a simple format of five rounds with five questions per round and a tie breaker in the event of a draw
- The rounds will include questions from the PCA Players’ Committee and will end with a picture round
- Simply write your answers down and then after the final round Burns and Pope will give you a few minutes before running through the answers for you to mark yourself
- When you have your final mark comment on the Live video for the hosts to see