Managing Director – Commercial
Managing Director – Commercial
The Professional Cricketers’ Association is the representative body of professional cricketers in England and Wales with the aim to champion their ongoing interests and the Association is seeking a candidate for a newly created role of Managing Director – Commercial.
The PCA has represented past and present first class cricketers in England and Wales since its formation in 1967. For over 50 years the PCA has continued to develop at a rapid pace, with continual progress to the world-leading Personal Development and Welfare Programme.
The PCA’s commercial partners gain access to substantial benefits, access to both male and female England players via the Team England Player Partnership (TEPP) and the England Women’s Player Partnership (EWPP) and an exclusive events programme which offers unparalleled access to leading cricketers and bespoke events.
Working with the recently re-branded Professional Cricketers’ Trust, as the players’ charity, to create and develop new revenue opportunities within the commercial team will also play and important part of this executive level role.
With the professional game continuing to develop and grow, particularly with the introduction of ‘The Hundred’, the new tournament starting in 2020 and following on from a home World Cup and men’s and women’s Ashes series in 2019, it is vital the PCA is proactive in creating, developing and implementing new commercial opportunities.
Managing a passionate and hard-working team will play a vital part in making this role your own.
- Set the overall strategic commercial direction of The PCA alongside the Board.
- Create, develop and implement new commercial strategies and opportunities according to company goals and objectives to achieve growth.
- Lead the commercial team to ensure the team works to the PCA strategy and vision.
- Set, manage and monitor all financial targets associated with the Commercial team.
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager, Commercial Manager, Player Rights Manager and Head of Events and Fundraising to generate new business.
- Maximise revenue across existing commercial inventory across and across the PCAs diverse revenue generating streams.
- Look for opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business.
- Implement new processes and procedures across the business where required.
- Set commercial wide KPI’s to gauge company performance in all areas.
- Set and managing all commercial budgets and forecasts alongside the CEO and Finance Director.
- Meet with the Finance Director on a regular basis to review the Commercial financial performance.
- Carry out regular analysis to mitigate any potential risks.
- Report commercial performance to the board on a monthly, quarterly and on an annual basis.
- Analyse opportunities for growth in new areas to drive profitability.
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Speaking and presenting at events and functions on behalf of The PCA.
- Deputise for the CEO where required.
Key Relationship and stakeholders
- The PCA Board
- The England and Wales Cricket Board
- Past and present members of the PCA and PCA ambassadors
- Team England Player Partnership and England Women’s Player Partnership
- The Professional Cricketers’ Trust
- High level sponsors and partners
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven experience in a senior commercial or equivalent role with a track record of managing both internal teams and key client relationships
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders (Director and above)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills
- Knowledge of performance reporting and budgeting processes
- Evidence of excellent planning, forecasting and decision making
- Ability to motivate a workforce
- Effective management and delegation
- PR and presentation skills
- Understanding of a multi-faceted business operation
- Strong financial acumen
Applications must be submitted via SRI – please contact Daniel Ardy – email@example.com.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.