PCA Announce New Appointment For Team England Player Partnership - 14/01/2004
Jim Souter will be joining the Professional Cricketers’ Association with effect from March 2004, as Commercial Executive in the Team England Player Partnership (TEPP).
Jim Souter's Role
Jim’s role will include:
• Close liaison with the ECB commercial team developing commercial opportunities for ECB & Team England sponsors.
• Coordinating personal and group Team England player appearances.
• Developing memorabilia products for key sponsors.
• Expanding key sponsors use of players for media and public relations campaigns.
• Promoting player images for promotional purposes, press and corporate advertising.
• Close liaison with cricnet online & cricnet magazine developing Team England content.
Strong Working Relationship
Jim joins the PCA from Sports Marketing and Brand Consultancy, The GEM Group. Since joining Gem in 1999 until present, Jim has travelled both home and abroad with the England squad as Vodafone Sponsorship Team Liaison, responsible for managing all aspects of Vodafone’s cricket sponsorship, including PR, marketing, player appearances and events. Jim has built a strong working relationship with players, management, media and cricket stakeholders.
Jim has over 6 years experience working with sports and marketing industries. Following a year in the marketing department of a city investment house, AIB Govett, Jim joined ING in the Golf Client division as events co-ordinator. He joined Gem following the completion of a master’s degree in Marketing and Management at Bath University. Since 2002 Jim has been Gems senior account director for Vodafone, responsible for managing Gems support of Vodafone Sponsorship of Manchester United, England Cricket and The Derby.
For more information, please contact:
Richard Bevan — Group Chief Executive PCA