strength & conditioning coach - derbyshire ccc
Derbyshire County Cricket Club are looking for an exceptional Strength & Conditioning Coach to act as the lead Strength & Conditioning Coach to the Club’s Senior and Academy playing squads.
Working as part of an integrated coaching and sports medicine team, you will report to the Director of Cricket and work with our Chief Medical Officer, Physiotherapist, Sports Psychologist and Development Coach.
Your key objectives is to continually develop the physical and mental performance and injury robustness of all players.
Role requirements are as follows;
Provide operational leadership and management of S&C programmes and high
qualify delivery to Derbyshire CCC players and teams
· Work closely with the Director of Cricket, First XI Support Coach and Development Coach to develop and deliver integrated support programmes meeting the performance and development needs of Derbyshire CCC players
· Recruit and manage one direct report who provides additional S&C support on an internship basis
· Performance benchmarking and quality management processes for all aspects of science and medicine services based on ‘best practice’
· Work with the CEO, CMO and Director of Cricket and other senior managers to align science and medicine to corporate goals
· Provide nutritional guidance and advice to all Derbyshire CCC players
· Provide the necessary S&C information in order for Derbyshire CCC to comply with the necessary standards of the ECB Injury Prevention and Management (IPM) Audit
· Deliver profiling of Derbyshire CCC squads and hold players accountable for achieving minimum fitness standards
· Input and attend case conference, performance management and other Derbyshire CCC staff meetings
· Input necessary information into the database for all science and medicine disciplines record keeping and reporting
· Liaise closely with the Director of Cricket and be prepared to undertake any other duties related to the work of these functions Knowledge and Applied Skills - Person Specification
· You will have a graduate qualification in Sports Science and/or S&C UKSCA accreditation. A Post-graduate degree in sports science discipline is desirable but not essential.
· You will have a minimum of three years’ post-graduate experience with at least two years spent in a professional cricket or equivalent full-time professional elite athlete and performance team environment.
·Experience in the support and preparation of developing senior and junior athletes
· Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary support team
· Professional accreditation with UKSCA is essential.
· You would need a comprehensive CPD Portfolio with a professional sports medicine / S&C bias.
· You will be adept in the use of Microsoft Excel, electronic medical databases and performance software.
· A valid sports first aid certificate of basic life support and first aid qualification
· Current professional indemnity insurance Salary, Terms and Benefits Full Time,
Competitive IRO £30,000 depending on experience.
This is a full time role. The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate exceptional commitment, including the working of long days particularly during the summer months.
Derbyshire CCC is committed to the ECB Safe Hand policy on safeguarding. This role is subject to an enhanced DBS accreditation. This job description is only a summary of the role as it currently exists and is not exhaustive or comprehensive. The responsibilities and accountabilities might differ from those outlined and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
The role includes regular UK travel during and outside of the County season and may include overseas touring commitments.
Derbyshire County Cricket Club staff are entitled to 25 days paid annual leave (pro rata for part time staff) per annum, to be taken between January 1st and December 31st.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24 February, 2017.
Up to 5 days of the annual leave allocation may be required if the Club operates a Christmas and New Year Closedown. Derbyshire County Cricket Club has a no smoking in the workplace policy. Interested in applying? Next Steps
Interested candidates should email an up to date CV and covering letter to Denise Green, Executive Assistant at Derbyshire County Cricket Club, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants will be contacted no later than Wednesday, 1st March with full details on the next steps in the recruitment process.