- PDWP - explained
- Personal Development & Welfare managers
- Beyond the Boundaries
- Applying for a Job
- Expert Referral Network
- Personal Development Ambassadors 2014
- MBTI – Personality Profiling
- Career Development
- Course Options
- Coaching Qualifications
- Interview Training
- Finding a Job
- Development Funding
- Development Scholarship
- What Job?
- Public Relations Service
- Top Ten Tips
- Work Placement
- Finding the Right Course
- Winter Cricket Placements
- Small Business Advice
- The Prince's Trust
- MCC UCCE's
- Loughborough MCCU
The PCA Personal Development Scholarship — 2014
Following the success of the 2013 inaugural PCA Personal Development Scholarship, the PCA is looking forward to more members taking up the challenge in 2014. The application process is now open and an application form can be downloaded below.
What the 2014 PCA Scholarship Winners said – watch the video below...
The Professional Cricketers' Association (PCA) wishes to reward the most proactive member, past or present, on or off the pitch, throughout the coming calendar year. This follows the announcement in 2013 of the PCA having spent over £1m on membership educational grants over the last decade.
The Scholarship initiative also seeks to incentivise past members who have moved on to new career pathways, as well as encouraging current cricketers to think and plan away from the pitch when time allows, especially during winter months.
This year the award will have 3 categories for the winners:
- The Personal Development Newcomer Award (for players making their first achievements in personal development)
- The Past Player Personal development Award
- The Current Player Personal Development Award
The winners will take home a significant financial reward that can be used towards the costs of their personal development. Examples that the award could be used for include, costs incurred, resources costs or course fees.
- Development course/s undertaken and qualifications attained
- Cricketing development — where relevant
- Work placement/s undertaken
- Community work undertaken
- Willingness to embrace charitable initiatives
- How they would use the additional scholarship award
For more information, or to put yourself forward, please email Ian Thomas - firstname.lastname@example.org or your regional Personal Development Manager with your application form by the 28th November 2014, including details about your year of development in as much depth as possible on the application form.A shortlist of candidates will be asked to present in early January and the winners will be announced in February 2015.